Saturday, November 7, 2009

Memories of Layla By:Sarah Grey

Some random memories of Layla: The donation fruitcake trying to "age it" to get drunk off of. Gary- the old, short, bald man from Starbucks. We walked miles downtown because she just had to "get some exercise" when I soon realized we were stalking Gary. Phone calls to Norway just to hear Geesla's voice and then a quick hang up. Bike rides on the one sunny day in winter. The stiff awkward movements accompanied by a bright red face when she saw cute band guys. Sunday afternoon trips to taco bell. Watching and singing to sound of music and watching her get turned on by Christopher Plummer. Singing together with our awful voices. Downtown trips pretending we were rich getting perfume samples and finding Calvin Klein underwear on sale just to have the brand. Baking, baking,baking. Skinny dipping at the dunes. Wishing for big boobs (her not me!)... Dick bringing a crying Layla to my room because she decided to pierce her own ears but couldn't push the earring all the way through."The Germans" A phrase coined by Arnie that was used to describe any foreigner who took advantage of our country. ( I guess you were born a republican) :), Telling Arnie she was going to trim a half inch off Arnie's hair but cutting her long hair to her chin and all I could do was laugh as Arnie sat there in tears. (Sorry Arnie). Layla shaving her own head just to make Arnie mad but instead she hated it Layla laughing at me once when I was at their Grandmas house running down the street with Joy in white and black Polka Dot bubble dress that apparently was bouncing up and down. (me and Joy laughed about this forever.)Layla waking me up in the middle of the night for random frustrations like being irritated at peoples horrible sense of fashion.Most of all what I will always remember is laughing for hours. We had the best laughs. I will always remember her laugh and smile. I love you so much Layla and you legacy will always live on.I am so sad that we can't go to Satzburg when I graduate but I will take Ariel and we will sing in our god awful voices as we think about you. Love always(ps. I am so happy I got to see your proud life long dream accomplished when I saw you this summer. ha ha.)

1 comment:

  1. I remember Gary and the trips downtown and skinny dipping in lake Michigan. I was embarassed because I had plain white undies. I am also pumped Layla got her boobs. I am proud of her for just doing it. Taco Bell always smelled like beer on Sunday afternoons.

    ReplyDelete